Google Science Fair 2016: a look back, and a giant leap ahead


Back at Google today, I witnessed more than 500 students from local Bay Area schools — a majority that qualified for Title I funding — as they asked questions, found inspiration, and saw science and engineering in new, unexpected ways.

Those students had a chance to talk to the finalists, from 9 countries, who are working on things like better diagnosing cancer, fighting drought with fruit, training robotic hands, developing compostable feminine sanitary products and so much more. (I also have to point out, this is the first year a majority of the finalists are female, which makes me especially proud!)

Popular Posts:

Gear S3 frontier update patches major S Voice bug

EaseUS Free Data Recovery Wizard Review

Galaxy Note 8 launch date has been confirmed by Samsung

T-Mobile starts rolling out Android 10 update to Galaxy Tab S6

Apple is postponing new iOS features in favor of reliability and performance