The Galaxy Note 9 has made me impatient like no other Samsung flagship

I don't usually buy flagship phones on my money. That's just a perk of working at SamMobile, where I get to use flagship phones and plenty of lower-end Galaxy phones as part of the job description. If I don't get a phone from SamMobile, Samsung is nice enough leave review units with us until the next flagship is nearing launch (the review units that we don't have to return go to our Netherlands office). And as a user of only Samsung devices for the last couple of years, it's been hard for me to get truly excited about a new phone and, therefore, impatient for the day it will go on sale. But the Galaxy Note 9 has changed that.

Galaxy Note 9's big battery is its best feature. Period.

No, I'm not trying to get people to buy the Galaxy Note 9 because Samsung paid us or something like that, as we have often been accused. But I do want to tell you why the Note 9 has me excited. The reason is that big battery on the Note 9. I've written about how the bigger battery is the only new Galaxy Note 9 feature I needed, and really, I have been getting very impatient about the day I'll get the Galaxy Note 9 in my hands. Why? Because the Galaxy Note 8, to me, was darn near perfect, except for its battery endurance.

The Note 8 does well enough with a 3,300 mAh battery, but like many smartphone users, I hate how battery life on flagship phones hasn't been dependable for so long. We have all the backups and alternatives we need these days, including car chargers, power banks, and fast charging. But there's no substitute for a battery that doesn't require constant charging and has enough capacity to power a flagship smartphone through the day, especially with a fair bit of mobile data usage.

So I was elated when the Note 9 was confirmed to have a 4,000 mAh battery. Unless fate has other plans for Samsung and the Note 9 has some glaring issues, it's looking more and more like a perfect phone. Well, perfect for me at least, who was only disappointed with the battery life on the Galaxy Note 8 (and the poorly placed fingerprint sensor, but thankfully I've never been a fan of keeping my phone secured with a password) and loved everything else about it. Things like the stereo speakers and 128GB of storage are the icing on the cake.

August 24 can't arrive soon enough

I haven't had the opportunity to play with an actual Galaxy Note 9 yet. I wasn't at the New York launch, and Samsung India will only send a review unit around the time of the phone's launch in the country. But I can't wait for the day I do get a Note 9 in my hands, and I'm ready to spend my own money on the device even though I will have to purchase it on credit card instalments. Flagship Galaxy smartphones phones are exciting again, and it's funny how the excitement comes from something as fundamental as battery life.

Are you among those who think the 4,000 mAh Galaxy Note 9 battery is enough reason for you to buy the phone?

The post The Galaxy Note 9 has made me impatient like no other Samsung flagship appeared first on SamMobile.


#Google #Android #Smartphones #OS #News @ndrdnws #ndrdnws #AndroidNews

Popular Posts:

Do more from your inbox with Gmail Add-ons

Apple is postponing new iOS features in favor of reliability and performance

This is Samsung’s official spec sheet for the Galaxy S8 and S8+

DJI Mavic Air: could this be the definitive drone?

Jurassic VR - Google Cardboard