Deal: Harmony Hub with remote is essential home tech, now for only $55

Amazon

There was a time when I didn't own a Harmony Hub. I had three remotes sitting on the ottoman in front of my couch: one to turn on my Yamaha YHT-399 home theater system, another to turn on my LG 65-inch television, and finally a Roku remote to control my Roku 3. One time I tried to explain to my girlfriend how it all worked. It didn't go well.

But then I wizened up and bought the Harmony Hub package you see at the top of this article. Now I have one remote that does everything, access to a sweet Android app, and integration with Google Assistant. It's so much better!

Editor's Pick
related article

And the best media streaming device you can buy is…

.... Nvidia Shield, hands down. Unless it isn't. Confused? The reality is that different media players make sense for different people. Our sister site DGIT pitted the Nvidia Shield TV against the Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku …

But you know what? I paid over $100 for the exact same package listed in today's deal, and you're going to pay only $55. Lucky you.

Granted, this is an older version of the Harmony Hub and its companion remote. The newer version — which you can buy here for $120 — has a redesigned remote interface and…well…that's about it. There's literally nothing wrong with the $55 package on sale right now.

As I mentioned, the Harmony Hub links with Google Assistant, which means you can issue voice commands to your entertainment system and set up routines. I actually have a routine where I say, "Hey Google, let's watch a movie," and the Harmony Hub turns on my Yamaha stereo, turns on the TV, switches to the correct input, and then fires up Plex on my Roku.

All without even touching the remote. It's glorious.

Anyway, you'd be crazy to pass up this deal. Click below to get yours.


#Google #Android #Smartphones #OS #News @ndrdnws #ndrdnws #AndroidNews

Popular Posts:

Do more from your inbox with Gmail Add-ons

Apple is postponing new iOS features in favor of reliability and performance

Samsung is preparing improved 8K TV upscaling tech for CES 2020 lineup

Your monthly update has arrived

Libratone Q Adapt USB-C earphones review: Pricey, but for good reason