How does the Pixel 3 camera compare to a DSLR?

Well, this is an unusual comparison.

At this point in time, it's no secret that the Google Pixel 3 has one of the best (if not the very best) smartphone camera we've ever seen. It captures ridiculously good photos and is definitely one of the main reasons you should consider buying the phone.

However, how does it stack up to something like a DSLR? This is a comparison a lot of people have been making, and as you might expect, this is a conversation we've been seeing a lot of in the Android Central forums.

Here's what some of our community members have to say on the matter.

Mooncatt
11-27-2018 04:22 PM
"

Spec by spec, a smartphone will never be able to match a dedicated camera of the same year (lets face it, my V20 often does better than my 10 year old micro 4/3 DSLR in many ways, but it's not a fair comparison). It's one thing to introduce a technology into a dedicated piece of hardware, but quite another to miniaturize it to fit into a smartphone. The differences that make smartphones seem so...

Reply
DMP89145
11-27-2018 11:31 PM
"

I say the best camera is the one ya got with ya!:cool:

Reply
Mike Dee
11-29-2018 04:18 PM
"

I mean don't get me wrong....would love to carry my compact DSLR to places like Disney. When you're out and about it's just a pain in the neck to wear it or to whip it out of a bag. My DSLR is pocketable but can't wear a jacket to those types of places that are hot.

Reply
ptkelly
11-28-2018 12:51 PM
"

"Overall I'm really happy with the Pixel, it's just obvious that in certain situations the phone can't keep up." Of course. And, overall I'm really happy with my DSLR but there are a lot of times my Pixel is with me and my DSLR, gadget bad of lenses and stuff, tripod, and reflector just aren't with me. I think this is like comparing avocados and prime rib. Both are foods.

Reply

What do you think? How does the Pixel 3 camera compare to a DSLR?

Join the conversation in the forums!


#Google #Android #Smartphones #OS #News @ndrdnws #ndrdnws #AndroidNews

Popular Posts:

Do more from your inbox with Gmail Add-ons

Apple is postponing new iOS features in favor of reliability and performance

Samsung is preparing improved 8K TV upscaling tech for CES 2020 lineup

Your monthly update has arrived

Libratone Q Adapt USB-C earphones review: Pricey, but for good reason